ENGBiovalley Investments S.p.A., founded in 2014, on the basis of the consolidated industrial experience of the founder and majority shareholder, focuses the management of its investments on the following long-term objective:
- support for the development of micro, small and medium enterprises operating in BioHighTech in the Alpe Adria area and in particular in the Friuli Venezia Giulia region. The same Region has, in fact, identified the Smart Health sector as one of the five regional strategies of intelligent specialization (S3-Smart Specialization Strategy). Biovalley Investments S.p.A. has been actively involved since its establishment in the development of this project on behalf of CBM, which has been delegated by the FVG Region to manage the regional cluster in the health sector.
In more detail, Biovalley Investments S.p.A. operates through:
- minority participation in the risk capital of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises. Each individual investment is decided by the administrative body on the basis of the specific characteristics of the target company and its market. The decision is the result of an overall judgement matured after a careful analysis of the credentials of the company and/or of the entrepreneurs and/or of the management, of the approved budgets, of business plans and/or industrial plans, prospects of the market of the goods/services offered by the company. The cumulative investment of Biovalley Investments S.p.A. in the capital of each individual company is minority even considering the co-investment with other financial partners and / or industrial. The indicative duration of each investment will be 5-7 years; the potential interlocutors for the disposals may be industrial and/or financial subjects, Italian and/or foreign;
- stable minority shareholding (0.5%) in the risk capital of TBS Group, even after the takeover bid of the Pantheon Group launched in June 2017 through the vehicle Double 2 Spa. In fact, the Trieste office is expected to become a centre of excellence for the research and development activities of the new integrated group, not only in current biomedical technologies, but also for the new frontier of confluence with IT and ICT. TBS is the largest of the companies belonging to BioHighTech.net. The aim of this network is, in fact, above all to accelerate the growth of businesses by implementing industrial synergies between micro and small businesses (which represent the majority of businesses in the network) and the few medium and / or large regional companies (such as TBS Group);
- analysis and structuring of business plans and research projects through the provision of highly professional consulting services and experience in the field of biomedical, bioICT, biotech, or in the biohightech sector;
- identification and enhancement of possible synergies with innovative business realities in ICT and in particular in the Internet of Things, also related to traditional industrial sectors operating in health and wellness (well being).
The development plans 2018-2021 of BioValley Investments Spa and BioValley Investments Partner Srl provide for the expansion of partnerships, accompanied by investments that are being defined, including, by way of example, with companies located in:
- Business Innovation Center (BIC), known as BIC incubators FVG, which currently houses the headquarters of BioValley Investments, and since 1989 has contributed to the creation of more than 220 high-tech companies that now employ over 2,500 workers. The TBS Group itself took its first steps here more than 30 years ago.
- Area Science Park, the science park of Trieste, developed on an area of 23,000 square meters of highly specialized laboratories, which places the interaction between research and industry as a driving factor to ensure development and growth. Many of the economic activities born or developed within this scientific institution have entered into the interests and support of BioValley Investments (Tbs Group, O3, Bilimetrix).
- Urban Center, which will be built by the City of Trieste with funds POR-FESR 2014-2020 in corso Cavour 2/2 and intended to accomodate micro, small and medium companies of the BioHighTech sector. A project of 4.5 mln € of which 3 mln € for the establishment of 50 companies involved in the development of IoHT (Internet of health things) in the areas of health, welfare and the environment.
- Other science and technology parks in the Alps-Adriatic Area.
Business network: BioHighTech-Net
Biovalley Investments S.p.A. is the lead company of the network of companies called BioHighTech-NET and established in Trieste pursuant to and for the purposes of Article 3, paragraphs 4-ter and following of Law April 9, 2009, no. 33, as amended by art. 42 of Decree Law May 31, 2010, no. 78, converted by Law July 30, 2010, no. 122.
The network of companies is a collaboration agreement between companies that allows, while maintaining its independence, autonomy and speciality, to implement projects and shared objectives with a view to increasing the capacity for innovation and competitiveness in international markets.
The network has already been joined by 37 companies from the FVG and Veneto regions that operate in the BioHighTech sector and/or in the services supporting them.
A.P.E. RESEARCH S.r.l.
AB ANALITICA S.r.l.
BIOVALLEY INVESTMENTS S.p.A.
BIOVALLEY INVESTMENTS PARTNER S.r.l.
CONTENTO TRADE S.r.l.
ENERGETICA & CO S.r.l.s.
EXACT LAB S.r.l.
FEATURE JAM S.r.l.
GLANCE VISION TECHNOLOGIES S.r.l.
IGA TECHNOLOGY SERVICES S.r.l.
INSIEL MERCATO S.p.A.
ITAL TBS TELEMATIC &BIOMEDICAL SERVICES S.p.A.
MATHITECH ENGINEERING GROUP S.r.l.
O3 ENTERPRISE S.r.l.
PLAN 1 HEALTH S.r.l.
T&B e Associati
ZETA RESEARCH S.r.l.